Advertise a Gold Coast Building, DIY and Trades service?
Do’s and Dont’s: Write a great business advertisement
1) DO: Write an informative headline that lets readers know immediately what service the business offers eg Sparky’s Electrical Service, Speedy Plumbing Service, Reliable Handymen Help, etc
2) DO: Use a picture - they get the reader’s attention, make your business look professional and show them what you offer
3) DO: Give a professional description of what you do, your experience, license no. where relevant, ABN or ACN, etc
4) DO: Include the business name and business contact number
5) DO: Include the business web address in the ad copy if you own your own domain (eg yourbusinessname.com.au) Exchange LOVES helping businesses get interested site visitors and strongly recommends businesses with their own domain upgrade to a very affordable long-term bold ad to get the maximum benefits of a working link (only available to bold advertisers)
6) DONT: Be careless. Spend a few minutes writing your ad and check spelling and grammar using the simple edit facility if need be and look professional
7) DONT: Spend your time promoting freebie web page addresses and or links to ads elsewhere. Exchange Classifieds is only interested in helping to promote YOUR business
8) DONT: Use all capitals – capitalising everything emphasises nothing
9) DONT: Use meaningless characters like or ---- or !!!! - they will make your ad less findable on web searches by interested parties
10) DONT: Include a list of suburbs or postcodes in your ad copy – these just make your ad and therefore your business look tacky and won’t have the search results impact you may have been led to believe anyway. Look at your logs.